When you go to the hospital you expect to receive the kind of care that you need. Unfortunately, there are times when this does not happen. Careless decisions, medical malpractice, and, sometimes, patient neglect and abuse can lead to a very difficult situation. And while your top priority is in making sure that you are eventually going to reach a comfort level that you want, the road to recovery after a mistake during a surgery can be a long one. As a result, there are some times when patients find themselves in need of medical malpractice assistance.
Fortunately, there are a number of lawyers who can help you get the solutions that you need whether you are dealing with a medical malpractice suit, a personal injury case, or a workers compensation claim. Finding the lawyer you has the most experience in the kind of care that you need, of course, is key. Just as you would not want to take your boat to a car mechanic for repair, it is important that you find the right kind of legal services to help you with your current situation. For instance, although there are many law firms that offer a wide range of services, if you have recently been injured in an auto accident, you may want to seek out someone who specifically deals with those cases. Likewise, it might be in your best interest to search out the most experienced medical malpractice attorney if you have recently had problems with a hospital stay or surgery.
When Was the Last Time That You Were in Need of Legal Advice?
Auto accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability, and wrongful death claims are five of the most common types of personal injury cases that occur in America. Each one of these types of cases, however, can require different kinds of legal advice. As a result, it is important to make sure that you are getting the help that you need. Too often, unfortunately, when we are in a difficult situation like a workplace injury, an accident on the highway, or in a situation that did not go as it should in the hospital, there are many people who find themselves too willing to settle too quickly before really understanding all of the future care needs and costs that hey may have.
With the right set of attorneys, however, you can take the time to find out what your best options are. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when a personal injury attorney or other legal representative can help you fins a way back to living your best life:
- 40,100 people were killed in auto accidents in the year 2017, according to estimates from the National Safety Council.
- Medical malpractice makes up 15% of all personal injury cases in the U.S, according to a recent study.
- Automobile accidents, in comparison, account for 52% of personal injury lawsuits.
- By percentage, the most common personal injury cases include: motor vehicle accidents (52%), medical malpractice (15%), and product liability (5%), according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Accounting for 15% of all accidental deaths a year, slips, trips, and falls make up the majority of general industry accidents, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. This makes these accidents the second-leading cause behind motor vehicles.
- Although laws ca vary from one state to another, in the state of Idaho, there is a statute of limitations of two years for a personal injury claim and three years for a property damage claim.
Finding a way back to a normal life can be a real challenge after many kinds of accidents. When your accident is the result of someone else’s carelessness, however, it is important that you consider the resources that can help you make the transitions that you will need. With the advice of a personal injury attorney, for instance, you may be able to find a way to not only deal with your current medical expenses, but also prepare for the future therapy processes that you will need. From making accommodations in a home to the changes that you may need when it comes to driving a vehicle again, get help sooner rather than later.