Hundreds of thousands of immigrants come to the United States every year. Many come over in order to make money to send to their families back in their native country, to be with their children or to start a new life for themselves.
Despite the incredibly high rate of immigrants in the United States, many still face injustice and prejudice. This can be especially problematic when it comes to matters of obtaining legal American citizenship or dealing with workers’ compensation issues.
Getting a Cheap Immigration Lawyer to Help You Become a United States Citizen:
- Having a good immigration lawyer is a huge asset to have while trying to obtain United States citizenship. A USA immigration lawyer helps you by getting you the right processes and forms that you need to fill out in order to become a United States citizen. Immigrant lawyers can also help you to develop your petition for citizenship and help you create a persuasive cover letter to plead your case.
- In the case that you aren’t fluent in English, many immigrant lawyers are bilingual and can communicate with you in your native tongue. Without the language barrier, applying for citizenship becomes much, much easier.
- Many immigrants coming to the United States live in a state of financial instability. Many immigrant lawyers are willing to work with their clients to figure out a financial arrangement that will work for the individual. A cheap immigration lawyer can still be an asset.
Don’t just choose the first immigration lawyer you meet. If possible, consult with multiple US immigration lawyers in order to find one that you are both comfortable working with and that you can afford.
What to Do If You Get Hurt at Work:
- Getting hurt at work as an immigrant — especially if you’re undocumented — is a tricky situation. You obviously want compensation for your injuries, but often times that is incredibly hard to obtain without citizenship or your employer just won’t offer it to you on the basis of your immigrant status.
- This is where a personal injury lawyer can help plead your case. A personal injury lawyer helps to represent their client in court with regards to damages and compensation due to an injury that was preventable. Even if you don’t have citizenship, you shouldn’t have to suffer unjustly.
- Just like finding a cheap immigration lawyer, you don’t want to settle for the first one you meet. Ask around and meet with different individuals until you find someone who you feel will best represent you in a court of law and won’t scam you.
Have you had any experiences with immigration or personal injury lawyers? Let us know in the comments below!