Marriage is not easy.
As the statistics show, in fact, 40% to 50% of all marriages in America will end in divorce. Additionally, 60% of all second marriages end in divorce.
And while no person enters a marriage thinking that they will not be successful, it is true that the one in every two marriages might benefit from the help of a family law representative or divorce lawyer. Families with children who are thinking of divorce might especially find these legal professionals to be helpful.
divorce is never easy, but if you find a family law professional to guide you through the steps, it can be a little less stressful.
- In the beginning of a marriage, couples often experience disagreements about money, time, and household chores. In successful marriages, however, these problems are eventually worked out.
- Statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau indicate that first marriages ending in divorce have an average life span of eight years.
- You are likely not surprised to know that many people who go through a divorce or at first hesitant to reenter another marriage. In fact, on average a U.S. woman will take 3.1 years to remarry after a divorce. Men, in comparison, take slightly more time to move on tend to get remarried after 3.3 years.
- Over 79% of custodial mothers end up receiving a child support award, while just under 30% of custodial fathers receive a child support award. In almost all cases, these custody and child support decisions are a result of the work of family law attorneys working closely with their clients.
- Unless you are in a very rare situation, it is nearly impossible to navigate divorce paper filings and proceedings without the help of a family law attorney or divorce lawyer.
- Realizing that you need help from a legal expert is something that will serve you well. Waiting until your future former spouse already has legal representation and a detailed plan to get your own legal representation can be a mistake.
- Many divorced mother do not receive the financial help that they may need. In fact, 65% divorced mothers receive no child support at all.
- Awards and agreements for the 6.5 million custodial parents with child support provisions are not always paid on time. In fact, 5.7 million in the year 2013 were due child support payments. This number represents 87.3% of the entire pool of people who have received these agreements.
- Real life statistics indicate that young people who marry are at a higher risk of divorce. Those who marry under the age of 20, for instance, have the highest rate. In fact, these couples are nearly 1.5 times as likely to get divorced as those who wait to get married until the reach the ages of 20 to 24 years old. People who marry after the age of 25 are even less likely to get divorced.
- Risking a divorce without an attorney is not smart.
- In an attempt to stay friends for the sake of their children, some people find divorce attorneys to be helpful
- American statistics indicate that there is one divorce approximately every 36 seconds. That amounts to nearly 2,400 divorces a day, 16,800 divorces a week, and 876,000 divorces a year.
- Getting to the point where both parties are satisfied can be a real challenge.
- Estimates indicate that 46% of non-custodial mothers completely default on child support, compared to only 27 percent of non-custodial fathers.
- Every marriage is at risk if communication is not a priority.
- Nearly 50% of the parents with children that are going through a divorce move into poverty following the divorce preceedings.
- Divorce cases are most often filed by women. In fact, 66% of the divorce cases in America are filed by women.
- In almost all cases, mothers are the parents who end up with custody of the children. Statistics show, for instance, that 90% of divorced mothers have the custodial rights of their children.
- No one wants to think or admit that their marriage is going to fail. It is important, however, that you do not hide behind good intentions and wishful thinking and get caught off guard by a spouse who has a complete divorce plan in place..
- Getting the legal help that you need can make many divorces less stressful. Are you ready to make the phone call you need to find an attorney?