Knowing when to call a DUI lawyer should not be difficult, but many people hesitate to get the help they need. Waiting until it is too late to get the advice that you seek, however, can be a costly mistake if you are involved in a motorcycle accident, a DUI charge, or a distracted driving infraction. In almost all cases, it is better to ask for help right away, as opposed to waiting until you are hours from a court appearance or facing the attorney of the victim of an accident. Although there are many times in life when it may be difficult to ask for help, in the event of a motorcycle crash or a drunk driving arrest, it is in your best interest to admit that you need advice.
The fact that there are as many as 6 million car accidents in America every year is an indicator that many people may find themselves in need of legal advice before going to court. Having an experienced lawyer give you advice about a DUI charge, for instance, may be able to help you predict what the hearing will be like and any protests that you may be able to voice.
Consider some of these statistics about the many times when people find themselves in need of legal advice about what they should do next:
- 3 million people are injured in car accidents on U.S. roads every single year.
- 1.2 million people die in car accidents around the world every year.
- As few as 4% to 5% of personal injury cases in America go to trial. The rest are settled out of court.
- The most common personal injury cases are motor vehicle accidents, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. In fact, these are 52% of all of the personal injury accidents in the country.
- The second most common personal injury cases are medical malpractice, with a total of 15%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The third most common personal injury cases are product liability, with a total of 5%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Knowing when to ask for advice is an important part of life. When you avoid getting the help and the advice that you need, you are putting your current life and your future life at risk. Whether you have been involved in a motorcycle crash or a DUI arrest, it is important to ask for the help that you need.